cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicating a Media different Media Servers

bexboy
Not applicable

Hello, Can I duplicate a media or media content from one media server to other, directly tape to tape copy with different Tape Libraries, in Backup Exec 12.5? Wich licenses will I need? What about Backup Exec 2010 R2? I have no disk space to copy to disk , then to tape.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi bexboy

1 First thing yes you cannot duplicate backup job from one media server to other media server

2 Do accomplish this you should have backup exec in CASO-MMS enviorment & SAN SSO license should be installed too SAN SSO for sharing library between two media server so in this case I presume you will have 2 library shared

3 Now about license with backupexec any version from 11d to 2010 you will get 1 LEO license by which you can connect one library to media server with one drive , if you have library with mutiple drive that is 2 then you will require additional LEO license

In same way for your 2nd library you will require additional LEO license so in all if you have 2 library with songle drive each then in all you will have to buy only 1 LEO license

& if you have library with mutiple drive then you will require in all 3 LEO license additionally

If this answers your question please mark this is solved

Thank You

pkh
   VIP    Certified

As you can see setting up another media server and linking it to your existing media server is not an easy proposition.  If you just want to duplicate your media so that you can bring one set off-site, then you can just buy an additional LEO licence and put attached another tape library with a single drive to your existing media server.  This arrangement will allow you to duplicate your tapes.