cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication of multiple jobs

Benjamin_Crill
Level 3
What I have are 4 different jobs for various different backup types (data files, email, SQL, HR). These are backed up to disk in four different directories correlating to the backup type it is. What I am looking to do is at the end of the week duplicate the weekly backup to tape. Does someone know of a way to duplicate multiple jobs to tape?

Your help is appreciated!
Benjamin
6 REPLIES 6

Max_Max
Level 3
You should be able to do this by selecting "New job to duplicate Backup sets" and then select "Duplicate existing Backup sets" this will allow you to select the catalogs which you want to duplicate but make sure you change "device and media" to your tape device.

Hope this helps.

Benjamin_Crill
Level 3
Yes I get that much, but that is a manual process. What I would like is to automate it so that the jobs kick off, finish, then the duplicate job runs to write them to tape.

Max_Max
Level 3
In that case you could use the second option which is to "Duplicate Backup sets following a job" you can also schedule these jobs so that it is not a manual process.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

You can refer to the below mentioned technote for the procedure:

How to duplicate backup sets in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.x for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/255866

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Benjamin_Crill
Level 3
Everything everyone has mentioned so far has been for duplicating a single job. Is there a way to AUTOMATE the duplication of multiple jobs.

Example: I have jobs A, B, and C run at the end of the week. Can I configure job Z to run after those complete to duplicate jobs A,B, and C to tape?

Benjamin

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
AFAIK, you cannot stack them all on the same tape, but as long as you have an autoloader, create the template to duplicate after the B2D, then let the second and third queue up and have BackupExec start them after the first finishes, pulling scratch tapes as needed