cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESX Backup Error for SBE2012

rizwan8287
Level 3

Hi,

I'm Shahrizwan. Need an assist. I'm noticed that my scheduler backups are not running because the current job that runnig is still backup my ESX even the backup's job take time almost 19 hours. It seems that not look normal.

So i decide to remove the ESX and add back the ESX to my backup job. Unfortunately, an error pop up when i'm trying to add the ESX. Please refer the image for the details. Please someone advise me on how to add back the ESX without error. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Are you using ESX 5.1 &/or vCenter 5.1?  If yes, then they are not supported.  You got to wait for BE 2012 SP2 which is due to be released next month.

If you are not using ESX 5.1 &/or vCenter 5.1, then you would have to log a support case with Symantec for them to take a look at your problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do you receive the same error if you add the vCenter instead ?

Is Backup Exec fully updated with SP1 + hotfixes ? If not, update & then try to add the ESX/vCenter container.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

See this document

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH201311

rizwan8287
Level 3

i get same error if i try to add vCenter. please refer the attachment for SP1 and hotfix that already install to our backup server. Is there any others solution for troubleshooting this issue.

rizwan8287
Level 3

already go through the said URL. Unfortunately, an error still pop-up if i try to add the ESXi. In addition, now i'm noticed that i also cannot add vCenter server and others VM server. Is there any workaround that i can do?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Are you using ESX 5.1 &/or vCenter 5.1?  If yes, then they are not supported.  You got to wait for BE 2012 SP2 which is due to be released next month.

If you are not using ESX 5.1 &/or vCenter 5.1, then you would have to log a support case with Symantec for them to take a look at your problem.

rizwan8287
Level 3

Yup. mine using ESX 5.1 and vCenter 5.1. Noted. Will wait SP2 to release. Thanks for your advise.