cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eject problem with Sony SDX-560V Tape drive

Alaric_Scott
Level 3
I have (another) server which I just upgraded from an old (and insufficient) Seagate tape drive to a new Sony SDX-560v. The backups perform as expected, but I am having a problem with the software not recognizing the ejection of the tape. It will eject the tape successfully, but then it just generates a silent alert to remove the tape and keeps waiting on that before it recognizes the job as complete. Could this be due to the previous tape drive requiring manual removal, and if so how can I fix this without having to reinstall and go through so many hoops etc? I have the latest SP and Veritas device drivers. This happens when I use either the Veritas or manufacturer drivers for the drive.

Thanks in advance!

AlaricMessage was edited by:
Alaric Scott
2 REPLIES 2

Alaric_Scott
Level 3
Also, what AIT option do I select for AIT 2 Turbo (80gb / 208gb) media, so that the tapes will be properly recognized / allocated etc? If I have to "create" a tape option, does anyone know the specs for the AIT 2 Turbo? I can find that if nobody knows, so don't fret or spend much time on the specs...

Thanks again,

Alaric

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

It seems that after the job the media gets ejected and backup exec produces an alert to remove the media. In order to let the job complete properly, you will need to configure automatique responses to the alerts. Refer to the following technote in order to do so:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/254685

Revert if the issue persists.