cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 193 loading CD browser plugin E:\bin\BrowserOps.dll. %1 is not oa valid Win32 application

Johnnygbm
Not applicable
I need install Backupexec 11d in Windows 2003 Server x64, I receive an error window popup "Error 193 loading CD browser plugin E:\bin\BrowserOps.dll. %1 is not oa valid Win32 application." when the CD is inserted.
Can helpme.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
It is worth trying to bypass the fancy front end browser screens and go straight to the installation EXE.

To do this open the \WINNT\INSTALL\BE folder and run SETUP.EXE

Obviously as per Hemant - make sure you have downloaded the appropriate x32/x64 installer

Also make sure you run from a drive letter - so if running from a network drive, map the drive don't browse over UNC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

LOGIX
Level 2
Partner
This post has over 1700 views and no one in support feels they have to respond?

Jethro_Penny
Level 3
Hello

We recently bought a new server together with Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition as well as Symantec Backup Exec 12.5.

When i insert the CD to begin the installation it is giving me the exact same error as mentioned in the original post.

I have updated the server with all needed patches etc from microsoft updates.

Please can someone give some assistance? 

Thanks

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Is this a 64 bit or 32 bit OS? Make sure you are using the correct installable as per the OS. BE has separate installable for 32 bit OS and 64 bit OS.

Thanks

Jethro_Penny
Level 3
Hi Hemant

I am using the 32bit version of windows server and the 32bit version of the Symantec Backup exec.

Jethro_Penny
Level 3
Even though i have 32bit OS i tried to run the installation of the CD labelled 64bit and it is working but the CD labeled 32bit is not working.

Im not sure if the CD's were labelled incorrectly during manufacturering or what but it seems to be working on the 32bit OS with the 64bit CD.... I will post again if i have any hassels

Thanks

Hemant_Jain
Level 6

A 64 bit CD cannot work on a 32 bit server. I am sure, they were not marked correct. You may try downloading them again.

Please mark it a solution, if this works.
Thanks

Colin_Weaver
It is worth trying to bypass the fancy front end browser screens and go straight to the installation EXE.

To do this open the \WINNT\INSTALL\BE folder and run SETUP.EXE

Obviously as per Hemant - make sure you have downloaded the appropriate x32/x64 installer

Also make sure you run from a drive letter - so if running from a network drive, map the drive don't browse over UNC

Jethro_Penny
Level 3
Ok my mistake i posted before testing.

The solution i found and that worked for me was what Colin mentioned. Its the front browser that is not working on the 32bit CD.

I bypassed it by browsing the CD to the setup.exe in the BE folder as mentioned and installed it fine.

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Guys,

This forum topic is way old! No points can be given for your additional post which was solved unfortunately. If you make this a new forum topic Jethro, then Colin and Hemant can be awarded points for whomever had the solution. That way, it's all fair in love & war =)

Laters!