cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 0xe0009444 when duplicating backup job to tape

egoncharov
Level 4
Partner
We have a job which backup system state of some servers on disk. These servers are Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2008 and Windows 2003. This job ends with errors

0xe0008488 - Access Denied

The error description points to C:\users folders on Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 r2 servers. I found that this maybe will solved with new version of Backup Exec and hotfix.

After this job I created the job which duplicate it to tape. This job ends with error

0xe0009444 - The requested source duplicate backup sets catalog record could not be found. Perhaps the media containing the source backup sets was previously deleted. Final error category: job errors. For additional information regarding this error refer to link v-79-57344-37956.

Unable to determine ADAMM media identification. Catalog query failed.

The link doesn't help to resolve issue.

There are some other jobs which performed during system state backup job (it runs approximately 15 hours) and write backup data as to disk as to tape. They run well.

Also this job run well a month ago.

How can I resolve the issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes, you are right, currently we do not have support for Windows 2008 R2 with BE 12.5. Please wait for an update on this, when we have fully tested it and start support for Windows 2008 R2. Regarding your question, we do backup other folders apart from the ones on which we failed. You can test the restore to confirm the same.

Please mark it a solution, if this information is useful.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

egoncharov
Level 4
Partner
Does anybody have suggestions? The resolving of the issue is very useful for our company...

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
First, you need to fix the error in the original job, which is backing up system state. Duplicate job fails because the source job did not work, and hence it does not find a media to duplicate the data from. The error message in the source job shows access denied, on what resources? Is it only system state on which it throws this error? Make sure that Bakcup Exec logon account is a member of local administrators group on the target server being backed up. You may also try using another account, as logon account, which has administrator privileges on that machine.

Thanks

egoncharov
Level 4
Partner
Thanks for the answer, Hemant Jain.

I can not fix the error in the original job because they associated with Windows Server 2008 R2. And as I've known just now backup exec can not access c:\users folder on backup exec server which is Windows Server 2008. Other servers which are WS2008 are backuped well with this job. We have similar jobs which backup system states of other servers (there are some WS2008 R2 too). They have an error

0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

Which associated with C:\users folders on WS2008R2.

But duplicate jobs run well.

Backup Exec service account is a member of domain admins group. But any member of this group doesn't have access to error folders on R2. This is R2 feature and I' waiting for BE fix to it.

In this case I have one more question. If there is such errors will BE restore system state of servers except error folders? This folders are user profiles and if they are not restored it will not be critical. I'm only concerned with system state.

Hemant_Jain
Level 6

Yes, you are right, currently we do not have support for Windows 2008 R2 with BE 12.5. Please wait for an update on this, when we have fully tested it and start support for Windows 2008 R2. Regarding your question, we do backup other folders apart from the ones on which we failed. You can test the restore to confirm the same.

Please mark it a solution, if this information is useful.

Thanks

egoncharov
Level 4
Partner
ОК. Thanks. I'll exclude the problem folders and hope the problem will not recur.