cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: No Media Servers Are Available

Carlos_Varum
Not applicable
Hi Everyone,

I'm new with Veritas, and I appologize if this questions is really obvious to most of you.

I have just finished installing the Veritas 10.0 for Windows servers on my server. I created a job to BK some files on this server, but when I try to run the job, it says " Ready; No media servers are available"

Any help with troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated, and again, I appologize if this is a really obvious thing that I am missing.

Carlos
8 REPLIES 8

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

In the Backup Exec GUI under devices tab check if the server is offline. if it shows offline then recycle the BE sevices and then try to run the job and verify results.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Eddie_Wright
Level 3
I am also encountering this problem.

I have just rebooted a server with BEWS installed and wanted to eject the tape (it is a remote server and I don't like the local users pressing buttons!). The job sits there with the Ready; No media servers are available message.

I have checked and the media server properties clearly show it as Online. I have paused the media server and unpaused it and it seems to be responding OK.

I have done a service restart on the set up as well.

Any ideas where else to look - we get this occasionally on some of our servers and usually end up having to reboot a few times in order to get it to work, which is very inconvenient for the users.

I have run the diagnostics on the server and can paste the dump file if you wish (or any selected parts).

Eddie

Eddie_Wright
Level 3
Whilst I was typing that message the tape ejected - but it did take a good 20 minutes from request to eject......

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Mr Varum,

I would like to know if the solution given by Tejashree Bhate has helped you or not.

I thank Mr Wright for updating on the issue.

Also, I would like to ask a question to both of you, that is if the installation of Backup Exec showed you successful. For this please refer to the bkupinst.log which is created in WINNT folder. Please check the last installation log in it.

Regards

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Mike_O_Brien
Not applicable
Same Issue...

If you have APC software loaded prior to version 7 then uninstall that software. Version 6.x and before's java becomes disabled because of a coding error.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello Mr Varum,

Please let us know if your issue is resolved and if we can mark this thread as assumed answered.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Aida_Jamak
Not applicable
I have the same problem. In media servers tab, media server shows online, but in job monitor tab it says "No media servers are available". Rebooting did nost do the trick

ben_kern
Level 2
Has there ever been a definative answer to this problem. I upgraded to 10d from 9.1 and now I get the same message. ? ? ? ?