cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during backup

Level 2
on completing of a full backup i get the following error:
The job failed with the following error: The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
and in the job history this is the error:Job ended: 18 March 2005 at 13:26:21
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
Final error category: Job Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33967
and:
Backup- D: Data DriveDirectory \ was not found, or could not be accessed.
None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.
Backup- \\GSVSBS01\Microsoft Exchange Public Folders AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Running backup exec 10 on sbs2003
5 REPLIES 5

Aalok_Pathak_2
Level 6
Create separate backup jobs for Exchange selection and normal drive selections. ( Do not use AOFO for exchange backup).

Perform two different backup jobs and observe the result.

Hope, this will resolve the issue.

Level 2
My biggest problem with the error is that when backing up one of the main harddrives on the server i get this error saying cant access the drive.

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
In order to troubleshoot the problem, kindly refer the following technote link.

Title:- "Directory or File was not found, or could not be accessed" (a00084af HEX or e00084af HEX) is reported when a backup job using the Advanced Open File Option fails.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/261831.htm

We hope this helps. Let us know if the problem still exists and revert back with the error message.

yxcfsfd_dfsadfd
Not applicable
Now I have this error. I was doing a new installation of BackupExec 10d. By the first backup, the errors was coming: "Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed". This error occurs on every local disk on the Backup Server. All solution descriptions from http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml?EvtID=V-79-57344-33967 was not working. With your link http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/261831.htm, it's the same.

I have BackupExec 10 with SP3 and Remote Agent for Windows Servers. I don't have any AOFO or something else.

I tried to reinstall the full BackupExec. Still the same result. Do you have any solutions for this problem?

Brian_Milnes
Level 3
Partner Accredited
I too have encountered these failure messages since upgrading to 10d (when previous versions ran the same jobs fine).

I have also tried all the fixes in the knowledge base without success, and am therefore hoping for a more comprehensive reply.

Thanks