cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error e000e020 on first instance of each backup job after DST change

johny
Level 3
Partner Accredited
I have 2 sites with BE12 installed.  On the first instance of each backup job (Daily, Friday) at each site after the Daylight Savings Time change on 3/9, the jobs failed with the following error:

"e000e020 - The job was scheduled to run, but the availability window closed before the job could start. There may not have been any destination devices available during the window, or the job may have been submitted to run when the window was closed."

"Original start time : Saturday, March 15, 2008 12:45:00 AM
Job started         : Friday, March 14, 2008 11:45:00 PM"

The Monday job failed, then Tue-Thur were OK, then the Friday job failed.  I assumin that the next instance of the Friday job wil run OK.

This appears to have been a problem in older versions of BE also, according to the forums.  The job is actually scheduled with a window up to 10AM the next day.

Is there a fix for this problem?
9 REPLIES 9

L__Quarton
Level 4
Almost all of my 11d media servers did that too - they showed as "missed" before they were scheduled to run! 
I haven't confirmed it yet, but it looks like the 6235 builds didn't have this problem but the 7170 builds did.

Message Edited by L. Quarton on 03-20-2008 01:44 AM

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
DST Changes have been a constant problem as far back as v8.0 that I am aware of

Joe1602
Level 3
Hi,
I have the same problem with exactly the same error message with my BEWS 12 !!!
Any solution ?

Regards

johny
Level 3
Partner Accredited
No answers yet.

Only the FIRST orccurance of each individual job after DST changed failed.  Second and later occurrances of each individual job run OK.

That_Admin_Guy
Level 2
Just for the record (and to bump this thread).

We had the same issue after DST changed.
Our server is running Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition x64 with BE12.
I can't remember having this problem in the past. (BE 8.6, 9.1, 11)
Original start time : Monday, March 31, 2008 11:00:00 PM
Job started : Monday, March 31, 2008 10:00:02 PM
I restarted the server just to be sure, as it seemed the BE job engine service was using its "own time".
Didn't have the problem again.

J__Shetland
Level 2
Bump. We got the same thing as well on an 11d server, 11.0 rev 7170.  Installed updates, if it matters, are Hot Fix 3 5 1 4 6 7 8 9 10 12 11.  This server does not have SP1

Incidentally this did NOT happen on an identical server which had Service Pack 1 and Hot fixes 18,19,20,17,21,22,23,24,27,26,28,25.  This server is in a time zone which doesn't have DST, so that's probably why.  Did this happen to anyone who had 11d SP1 installed?

It would be great to find a fix now, rather than waiting until next year and have it happen again... even some indication of why it's happening.

Joe1602
Level 3
Hi,
My problem was not solved by waiting the second instance of the backup job and the third one failed too !!!!
I had to make new jobs ! (a lot of wasted time !)
Symantec seems to be not interested with the problem !

RoninV
Level 4
A fix for this issue appears to be still up in the air. I had a location (W2k3, BEWS 11d-bd7170) with a recent DST (11/2/08) that 'missed' a time window Monday (11/3/08). I read about server restarts, as well as this issue only occuring the day after the DST change. I did a Restart all Services (Backup Exec Services Manager), to see how such impacts the Tuesday (11/4/08) backup.

CMenzies
Not applicable

A fix for this issue appears to be still up in the air. I had a location (W2k3, BEWS 11d-bd7170) with a recent DST (11/2/08) that 'missed' a time window Monday (11/3/08). I read about server restarts, as well as this issue only occuring the day after the DST change. I did a Restart all Services (Backup Exec Services Manager), to see how such impacts the Tuesday (11/4/08) backup.

Hi, can you please tell us if rebooting the server and restarting the services resolved the problem?  I had this problem during last nights backup, the day after the clocks were changed!