cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message

Ruth_Luchtenber
Level 3
I have been getting this error message when running a weekly backup. "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

I have reconfigured the backup thinking it was some detail that I had forgotten. It runs fine the first or second time and then throws this error.

Any input would be appreciated.

Ruth
17 REPLIES 17

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

When does this error occurs ?

Are there any event errors in event logs ?

Please elaborate about the problem in details.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Ruth_Luchtenber
Level 3
The error occurs when the backup runs. Here is what the Job Log says: Storage device "Critical-SQL-Backups" reported an error on a request to read data from media.

Error reported:
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

In the error log: An error occurred while processing a B2D command.
Drive: OpenPosMTF() CreateFile failed (\\**\RemoteSQL\B2D001320.bkf). Error=64

Thanks,

Ruth

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Are you trying to run concurrent job to the same backup to disk folder?

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Ruth_Luchtenber
Level 3
No it has it's own folder, and media.

Ruth

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

run the sgmon before running the backup job.

How to create SGMON.LOG
<<>>

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Ruth_Luchtenber
Level 3
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Ruth

Ruth_Luchtenber
Level 3
Hello,

I ran sgmon before the backup and it worked fine. Thank you!

Ruth

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
That's strange

All SGMON is, is a debugging tool that creates a log file of everything that BackupExec is doing

It doesn't (or isn;t supposed to) affect what BacupExec does at all, or how it does it.

Try the job again without SGMON and see what happens

Ruth_Luchtenber
Level 3
It's set to run today, we'll see what happens.

Ruth

Ruth_Luchtenber
Level 3
It threw the error again when it ran without running SGMON. I'm running it again right now to see what happens.

Ruth

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
Maybe the file you are trying to backup is in use by the SQL server of some anti-virus program ?

Regards
A van der Boom

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
When you run SGMON and then a manual backup, are you lkogged in as yourself or as the Backupexec Service Account?Message was edited by:
Ken Putnam

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We request you to update us regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Ruth_Luchtenber
Level 3
I ran it as myself and then logged in as the Service account and still got the same error message.

Ruth

Ruth_Luchtenber
Level 3
I was mistaken about the answers given.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

What is the status of this issue now?

Thank you,

Ruth_Luchtenber
Level 3
The folder was included in another backup job that ran approximately the same time. I have reconfigured the jobs and it seems to be running fine now. Thank you for all your help.

Ruth