cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error verifing file...

Chad_Ferreira
Not applicable
I get an error that a file cannot be verified but I am not sure which file it is. The error says \\servername\microsoft exchange mailbox\13579659791086598479145479572 cannot be verified. I am not sure how to find out which mailbox it is that is corrupt. Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Since when you are getting this error ?

What is the version of Exchange ?

Is it installed on same server as Backup Exec or a remote server ?

You can refer to the following technote which talks about this issue:

When backing up Microsoft Exchange 5.5/2000 individual mailboxes, the message " WARNING: "?Top of Information Store?? " is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify." is reported in the backup log and the job fails.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/231185

If problem persists , kindly revert with the exact error message and with the answers to the above questions.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Chad_Ferreira_2
Level 2
Error is going on a little over a month.

Exchange 2003 SP2.

Exchange and Backup Exec are on different servers.

I will get the exact error tonight when the backup job runs.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Also refer the Software compatibility list of BEWS 9.1 because you have Exchange 2003 SP2
http://support.veritas.com/docs/261695

Update us on the same after tonight's backup and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Chad_Ferreira_2
Level 2
Ran SGMON and did not see any errors listed with exchange. Server had been rebooted at the time and error no longer shows.

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello Chad

Have you tried recreating you backup job and including only the active mailboxes for backup. Exclude the system mailboxes..!

Regards, Ashutosh NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.