cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when browsing domain

Chris_Ott
Level 2
When trying to create a new selection list, I'm going to Remote Selections->Microsoft Windows Network and double-clicking my domain to get a list of machines. When I double-click on the domain name, I get an error "An error was encountered while attempting to browse the contents of . More data is available". Then the window where the list of machines should be says "Query failed". Has anyone seen this error before? I can browse the domain in Windows without any errors.
3 REPLIES 3

Amit_Gupta_2
Level 4
1. If Firewall is there make sure the relevant ports are open.
2. Try recycling Backup Exec services.
3.Make sure the Backup Exec remote agent service is running under Local system account on the backup exec server and all other backup exec services are running under Domain account having admin privileges.
3. Make sure APC Powerchute version 6 or lower is not installed.

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi Chris,

Please let us know if you ensured all that what Amit has suggested and if it has helped you.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Chris_Ott
Level 2
I upgraded to the newest version of Backup Exec 10 with all current patches, then rebooted, and now it works. Thanks.