cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID 58053

Qingyan_Lim
Level 4

Hi all,

I have BE2012 installed on a server running Win 2008 R2 64 bit. I had encountered the following error message in my email as i configured it to sent email alert to me in case anything is wrong with BE2012:

(Server: "PCOS") (Job: "Inventory Device 00144") Inventory Device 00144 -- The job failed with the following error: The job has reported multiple errors. See the job log for details.

AND

(Server: "PCOS") (Job: "Inventory Device 00144") Robotic library destination element full error. The robotic library has reported a destination element full error condition. This is typically caused by trying to mount media into a drive that already contains media. The drive state has been set to offline. Please attend to this condition.

I tried restarting the services, run inventory and catalog but nothing helps. I read from this about this error message. So i have to open the magazine to take out the tape, put it back again and run inventory to resolve this?

Regards,
Qingyan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...have you checked to make sure that you don't have all your slots full and a tape trying to be placed in a slot?

Have you made sure there are no tapes stuck in the drive/s? Also, download the manufacturer's tape drive diagnostic utility (HP has Library and Tape Tools for example), stop the BE services and then run the diagnostics against the drive to rule out hardware error.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...have you checked to make sure that you don't have all your slots full and a tape trying to be placed in a slot?

Have you made sure there are no tapes stuck in the drive/s? Also, download the manufacturer's tape drive diagnostic utility (HP has Library and Tape Tools for example), stop the BE services and then run the diagnostics against the drive to rule out hardware error.

Thanks!

Qingyan_Lim
Level 4

The tape drive is HP 1/8 G2 LTO-5 3000 SAS Autoloader with 4 tapes on each side with one cleaning tape. I know is full because i was the one who load in the tape and i don't think anyone knows the password to open the magazine.

I would need to check whether there are tape stuck in the drive only when i open the magazine and run the utility tools then will i know.

thanks, CraigV.

Qingyan_Lim
Level 4

Hi CraigV,

I did use the diagnostic tool from HP to shift out the tape from the drive and inventory and catalog all the tapes using BE 2012. However, i accidentally swap the position of the two tape (including the one stuck in the tape drive) so i had to manually replace the tapes back to the original slot by opening up the magazine and do a full backup on the tape that was affected. And so now the tape drive is working fine and able to perform daily backup to the tapes.

Regards,
Qingyan