cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exch Agent 11d: Do I have to Install it on the exchange server? If so how

Shawn_Jones
Level 3
Exch Agent 11d: Do I have to Install it on the exchange server? If so how do I do that?
8 REPLIES 8

Shawn_Jones
Level 3
I thought there was a way to push the Agent for Exchange to the Exchange server. I don't see anyway of doing that though, just pushing the Remote Agent. Is it that once you install the Agent on the the main media server that it automatically recognizes the Exchange Server. I'm having trouble understanding this.

maxi_maximus
Level 4
With Backup Exec the Exchange agent is installed and licensed on the Media server (Backup Exec server).

If Exchange is remote then just push out the Backup Exec for Windows remote agent and make sure the Exchange agent is installed on Media server and Licensed.

If Exchange is on the same server as Backup Exec then just install the Exchange agent and make sure it is licensed.

Hope this helps.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Shawn,

Please let us know if the earlier provided suggestion has helped you.

============

Shawn_Jones
Level 3
I think it worked I'm not sure. I'm unable to run a job to test it. I get an error:

Job ended: Monday, November 20, 2006 at 10:04:50 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0008488 - Access is denied.
Final error category: Security Errors

Backup- \\Server-Name\F: New VolumeV-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Access denied to directory �䮐�mp.
Access is denied to Remote Agent. Check the login account for the specified device.

Shawn_Jones
Level 3
Any help with the aforementioned error message would be greatly appreciated.

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Ensure that the remote agent service is running on exchange server with local system account.

Also make sure that the backup exec service account has domain admin rights as well as local admin rights on exchange server. BESA should also have Exchange Full Admin rights in system manager.

Create a mailbox for backup exec service account and activate it.

Thanks!

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Have you logged to the media server as the BackupExec service account and opened Outlook and sent an EMail to create and test the profile

Sean_Daniely
Level 4
I am having a similar issue. I entered the license key for my exchange server agent on my Media Server. The Exchange Install option is grayed out (no red x through it).