cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003 Backup

Martin_Ouimet
Level 3
Hello

I have a Microsoft Windows 2003 Std. SP2 running Exchange 2003 SP2 and I would like to back it up at storage group level. My Backupexec Media server is running Microsoft Windows 2003 Std. SP2 as well. The problem is that when I try to make my selection I only see Brick Level backup. Anybody has an idea?

The brick level option isn't helpful for my purpose!

The Exchange Agent option is installed on my Media server and the Remote BackupExec Agent is installed on the Microsoft Exchange server.

There is not credential problem since the brick level backup is working fine.

Thanks,

Martin Ouimet
5 REPLIES 5

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Are you getting an error while selecting the mailboxes?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Martin_Ouimet
Level 3
Hi,
there is no error! I just don't see the information store in the selection pane!

But I see the brick level and it works fine!

I read in the Backupexec manual that brick level backup isn't good for disaster recovery so I want to change it to back it up at information store level.

Any advice?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Do you have Exchange Admin installed on the media server?

It's been a while since I was involved in backing up Exchange, but that used to be a requirement.

Also, from Tools\Options\Exchange, verify that "Enable Exchange Backup" is selected

Martin_Ouimet
Level 3
Yes all the prerequisis are installed and Exchange Admin is installed on my server.

There is no option "Enable Exchange Backup" where you told me.

The only option I have is this "Enable single instance backup for message attachement"

Any advice?

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi Martin,

Is your Media Server and Exchange Server using NDMP Port 10000? If not please change it to 10000.

Please refer to the following document. This document should help you in seeing Information Store.

"How to enable support for "Restrict Anonymous" when using Backup Exec 8.6, 9.x, and 10.x for Windows Servers "

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/238618.htm

Please revert incase of any doubts.

Thanks.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.