cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003 Information Store backup - Public Folders not showing

david_abowitt
Level 4
Running 11D Rev 7170 Hotfixes all applied included HF 14 which fixed Exchange backup issue where mailboxes where missing.

Backup configuration Selection:  Exchange Information Store and Public Folders with GRT enabled

Issue:  when looking at a restore selection and I drill down to the server / First Storage group / select date of backup I'm presented with Mailbox store and public folder store in left hand panel.  If I select Mailbox store I see the list of all the mailboxes backed-up in the information store.  Whereas if I select the public folder store in the left panel there is no information presented in the right panel for information to restore the public folder(s).  It indicates NONE.

What am I missing or something wrong that I'm actually not backing-up my public folder store?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

david_abowitt
Level 4
Would enjoy a review and reply on this posting?

Thanks

Jack_Hapeman
Not applicable
Ditto here...

david_abowitt
Level 4
OK, sorry forgot to update.  I contacted technical support and they indicated HF 14 was for information store not public folder store.  I was told they are still having issue with PF store Disk to tape backup.  Told option was  Disk to disk to tape.  Told them NOT OPTION.  Only way to do this is perform a brick level backup of Public Folder store while still doing a GRT of Information Store.

To be able to see the public folder to perform brick level need to enable feature.  If I remember correctly went into Tools/Options and under Exchange selected the top two check boxes.  Then went back into selection list and saw public folders and individual selection for brick level.  Please verify before implementing.

David