cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003 Recovery Storage Group - error 0xe000ff00

Christoph_Wilfi
Level 2
Hi,

I've the problem that I tried to restore an exchange database into the recovery storage group of the same server. The problem is I receive the following error:"e000ff00 - Unable to restore some Microsoft Exchange components because one or more of the databases are currently mounted. Use the Exchange System Manager to dismount the databases, and then retry the job"

We do not do any SnapShot (VSS) Backup and already got the following Articles from support (which closed the case due to not being an installation / evaluation issue => SIGH?)

Title : A redirected restore of an Exchange 2003 Server Mailbox Store to a Recovery Storage Group fails with the following error: "Final error: 0xe000ff00 - Unable to restore some Microsoft Exchange components because one or more of the databases are currently mounted. Use the Exchange System Manager to dismount the databases, and then retry the job."
http://support.veritas.com/docs/277462

Title : Restore of Exchange 2003 mailbox store to a Recovery Storage Group fails with error "Unable to restore some Microsoft Exchange components because one or more of the databases are currently mounted."
http://support.veritas.com/docs/275586

Maybe somebody here can help me out before I get nut's on this...

Best Regards
Christoph
5 REPLIES 5

Christoph_Wilfi
Level 2
It seems nobody has a real answer about this problem.

I've tested it out - there is no way to get the backedup database back into any server (also another server with Recovery Storage group) - the only way is to restore it over the original database and this is not the way a RSG should work...

Has ANYBODY got this RSG with BackupExec 10.0 to work?????

best regards
christoph

Paul_Yip
Level 4
I've gotten it to work. My problem was that I was using VSS during my full backups. I know that's not your problem but once I backed it up using a full backup it was able to restore straight to the RSG without any problems.

edit: also i had a problem because the recovery storage group was already created. the restores would keep failing. once i removed it and tried to restore the store, the store went straight to the recovery storage group.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Make sure commit after restore and mount database are unchecked and then run the restore.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Christoph_Wilfi
Level 2
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I tried today what you suggested and had the same expirience. What I did:

-) Deleted Current Recovery Storage Group on the Exchange Server
-) Created new RSG on Exchange Server
-) added one store to recover (an store currently in use and mounted on the same server)
-) started restore on the BackupExec Server of a daily Full Backup (non Snapshot!!!) with no option selected at the Microsoft Exchange Settings Tab
-) same error.

Question about: I created a lot of information and debug logs (SGMON Log, BEDiag,...) during a case which was not finished (because support said they only answer Installation / Evaluation Questions) Would it be possible to post this information here and / or send it to someone of you for further investigation?

Best Regards
Christoph

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

You can paste the debug errors here and we will try to troubleshoot the issue. The free email support can be availed only for install eval cases.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to the answered threads pool.