cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003 backup with Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)

nrmr
Level 3

Hello,

I need your Help,

My Problem is:

I install new Exchange 2003 S.O Windows 2003 R2, and install agent Backup Exec 2010 R3, is good. The next in the job "Exchange" i put Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) is ok, but backup on finish don´t exist backup GRT on catalog. Help....

Best Regards

Rangel

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

If you're using Advanced Open File Option in your backup job, turn it off...not recommended as BE will use VSS. I've had it that when AOFO was used, I had to manually stage to disk in order to do a GRT restore, or wasn't able to restore on 1 or 2 occassions.

Try this and feed back...

Thanks!

nrmr
Level 3

Hello Craigv

Thanks your fast feedback, i not user AOFO is not recommended.

Thanks

Check my attach

BE.JPG

BE0.JPG

CraigV

...can you post a screenshot of your restore of Exchange?

Does your Backup Exec Service Account have rights to Exchange as per the TN below?

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH184449

Thanks!

nrmr
Level 3

....I told on first  message nothing appears on catalog for to restore, check:

OBS: Backup Exec Service Account is a Domain Admin

BE1.JPG

Thanks

CraigV

...if your date range for your restore is correct, you should see the Information Store. You need to make sure your BESA has rights to Exchange...a domain admin is required for it to run the services etc, but not necessarily to access Exchange correctly.

Please check the TN I posted and verify your BESA has the rights outlined for Exchange.

Thanks!

nrmr
Level 3

....I have two sites of exchange in 2003 GRT is on,  my First Site works and catalog appears,  the secund not work catalog not appears on GRT, but backup GRT is off BD appears :) . My BESA has all the correct permissions. the only difference in my Site is first is a fisical server and secund is a Virtual Server VMware volumes is a SAN...... is a problem?

OBS: TN what is??????

Thanks