cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003 store.exe

Micha_Silver
Level 3
I am getting store.exe failure during backing up of Exchange 2003 mailboxes. Backup Exec version 10.0, and Exch 2003 on a Win2K3 server with SP1 and all latest patches.
The full bachup of the information store goes thru fine. But my daily job which backs up only the mailboxes will sometimes (every two days) fail with store.exe closing. Next moring I restart the MSExchangeIS service and all is well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Micha
2 REPLIES 2

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Could you please state the :
1. The exact error message as seen in the job log.
2. What changes were made to the account or elsewhere that provoked these failures.
3. is the exchange Db locally installed or remote.
4. Check the system event log for any error related to the store.exe closure.
5. Check if you have any alerts in backup exec.

Apart from this also ensure that you backup only the mailboxes in a seperate backup to isolate the issue.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Eyal_Nahmias
Level 3
Hello!

I work with Micha who posted the problem.
We are still having the same problem, here and
Then.
We tried to delete the registry attribute as it says
In one of the articals, but the problem got
Back again.

Is there another thing that we can do?