cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Backup Failure

techmerlin
Level 2

We have a Backup Exec 2012 server (Version 14.0 Rev 1798) that every few days will fail on the exchange backup with the following error:

Error category    : Resource Errors
Error             : e000846b - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Agent for Windows. The correct version of the Agent for Windows must be running on the target computer.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33899

this never happens near the beginning, always near the end of the backup. I made sure everything was updated, updated the agent on the Exchange server and even broke the job apart from the verify just to make sure that was not the reason for the failure.

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

This can happen if the RAWS agent stops for whatever reason. If this happens again, make sure it is still running on the Exchange server.

You should also make sure that any AV running on the Exchange server isn't perhaps blocking the BE services or actively scanning them, and if so, put in an exclusion for them (beserver.exe is your RAWS service).

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If any of the servers involved are Server 2008, try using just IPV4.  Click on the BE button ---> Configuration and Settings ---> Backup Exec Settings

techmerlin
Level 2

I have made the above changes and also ensured the agent was running properly and had the necessary NIC is setup. I still had the issue. I have removed, re-instaleld and updated the remote agent again and testing. I will post if this resolved or not