cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Credentials Issue

pcochrane
Level 2
I was having problems with my backup jobs and decided to delete them and create new jobs. When I select my Exchange Mailboxes I get an error that access is denied. I am logged in to the Backup Exec system as "besadmin". This account is a Domain account with a mailbox. It is also a member of Domain Administrators. The mailbox has a unique name. What I don't understand is where to assign the Exchange Administrator role to the user account or whether that is where my problem lies.

I have the Exchange Agent installed on my Win 2003 Server with Exchange 2003 Server.

Any thoughts?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pcochrane
Level 2

Never mind. I had the incorrect Resource Credentials selected for the Exchange Server in the job. Problem solved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

You would assign BESADMIN Exchange Admin  from within Exchange Enterprise Manager

But if it worked before you deleted and recreated the job that should not be an issue (unless of course you were using a different connect-as acocunt before |8^)  )

pcochrane
Level 2

Never mind. I had the incorrect Resource Credentials selected for the Exchange Server in the job. Problem solved.