cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Information Store Backup Hangs

Kean_Brown
Level 2
Hi All, I have a W2K3 server running v 10.0 SP3 of Backup Exec for Windows. I am currently backing up 3 Exchange servers and until last week, was having great success. One day, I was running a total of 120 GB through to tape in about 1.5 hors and the next, the job is hanging on my third Exchange server's Information Store. No changes were performed and test runs of the job have completed OK. I have given the logon account elevated rights and used a varied mix of tapes, backup-to-disk and selection criteria. No go for all combinations. No errors are produced and no change in the backup, it just hangs at about 30GB. Any ideas what could happen in the Information Store to cause this behavior?

KB
1 REPLY 1

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Are you using AOFO for backing Exchange Information Store?

If so please uncheck the AOFO option and then verify the throughput.

Is the Exchange maintenance scheduled at the same time as that of the backup job..?

Please refer to the following

Slow backup performance occurs when backing up Microsoft Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003 servers between 1:00 am and 5:00 am.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/241858

Try backing up the Information store with NTBACKUP and compare the results.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to the �answered questions� pool.