cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange - Logs don't delete..

vadim_bzh
Level 3
Hello everybody,

I've just check a server for a new client, it's a windows 2003 serveur with exchange 2003 (4 stockage groups)
The server Backup Exec is a 12.5.

And the backup of the exchange is separate because the size is too big (400Go) :  Monday-> Stockage groups 1 & 2
                                                                                                                             Tuesday -> Stockage groups 3 & 4
                                                                                                                             Wednesday -> Stockage groups 1 & 2
                                                                                                                              ...................

In "Parameter" of Backup Exec, I've put a full backup of exchange with purge of the logs, but the logs don't delete... and the backup is good.

When we backup few stockage groups the logs must be delete or I need to make a backup of all the exchange Stockage groups ?

Thanks for your help !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Gi there,

With the agent installed, all you need do is select the Exchange Information Store in your list itself.
However, what I would suggest is to check and make sure that Advanced Open File Option is not selected in your job. This has been known to cause issues with cleanring of logs.
Symantec also recommend NOT using this with any DB agents.

Laters!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Gi there,

With the agent installed, all you need do is select the Exchange Information Store in your list itself.
However, what I would suggest is to check and make sure that Advanced Open File Option is not selected in your job. This has been known to cause issues with cleanring of logs.
Symantec also recommend NOT using this with any DB agents.

Laters!

CraigV
Hi Vadim,

Have you come right here?