cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Public Folders

Level 2
Hello everyone.:-)
I have BE 9.1 with the Exchange Mod. I have 2 Exchange Public Folders. 1 is our company calendar and the other is our company contacts. The Calendar folder shows up shows up for selection but the Contacts folder does not. Does anyone know have any idea what would cause that???
Both folders show up ever where else they are suppose to. This began while using Exchange 2k. I just updated to a new server and Exchange 2k3 and it still doesn't show.
Any point in the right direction would be appreciated.:-)
Thanks,
John
2 REPLIES 2

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
We would suggest you please try the following steps. Make sure permissions are granted for the account in Active Directory.

Also please refer to the following technote :-

Title:- How to enable support for "Anonymous" when using VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 8.6 and VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.x for Windows Servers

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/238618.htm

Also please check permissions on the public folder and verify that the account being used in Backup Exec to attach to the public folders has rights to the missing folder.

To proceed further troubleshooting the missing public folders, please let us know if you have used any migration utility to get/transfer few of the public folders from Outlook, or from any other exchange version that you might be using earlier.

Also as a test purpose, we would appreciate if you could create 2/3 more new public folder's and let us know if you are able to view them in Backup Selection tab as well as in Outlook express.

We hope this helps.

Level 2
It was a security problem with the account that BE was connecting to the Exchange Server with. Should have been the same for the Public Stores as for the regular mailboxes. Not sure why it wasn't, but I can deal with that later. Thanks for you help and pointing me in the right direction.

John