Exchange Server 2010 Recovery

mnassar
Level 4

Good night

could you please help me to recovery my exchange server

iam using Bacckup exec 2012

My attempts

backup exchange server (Full Backup) system state,C:drive, and D:drive

and then i recovery on a new machine after resatrt i found that no database just root directory and that contains empty

please adivse what is the recomended to bacup and restor exchange server 2010using bachup exec 2012 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

That would work...HOWEVER...if you've backed up the directory with the *.edb, *.stm files etc in it, BE will automatically exclude these files using Active File Exclusion.

You need to use the agent (you don't mention if you do) in order to backup the Information Store.

This would allow you to recover your Exchange server properly. If you don't have the agent, purchase it.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

Hi,

That would work...HOWEVER...if you've backed up the directory with the *.edb, *.stm files etc in it, BE will automatically exclude these files using Active File Exclusion.

You need to use the agent (you don't mention if you do) in order to backup the Information Store.

This would allow you to recover your Exchange server properly. If you don't have the agent, purchase it.

Thanks!

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The entire restore would be a 2 step process -

Step 1. This technote outlines the process of a DR of a Windows Server.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH180099

Step 2. Once this is complete, you would move on to the Exchange DR process (restore of Exchange databases backed up via Information Store)

mnassar
Level 4

Hi,

to solve this issue i sperated my backup ,

bacckup drive:C and systemstate as a backup jop 

and in another jop backup Information Store 

then recover y OS with SDR then restore Information Store 

Thanks 

CraigV

...great, and you can use AOFO when backing up your C:\ and System State, while not using AOFO backing up the Information Store. Best of both worlds.

Thanks!