cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange & SQL Agents

JennianMark
Level 3

Hi

Our company runs BackupExec 12.5 on Windows Server 2003 SP2.  Backupexec is installed and running, for some reason the engineer that setup Backup exec before I got onsite full time used a trail version of the Exchange agent, and the information store no longer gets backed up and this was causing the job to fail.  I backup the exchange manually using NTBackup just while I ordered the exchange agent and also the SQL agent as we have an SQL box also.  I received the PDF from Symantec with the serials on it.  I went into the license portal and entered these serial numbers, the products our re-seller ordered were SYMC BACKUP EXEC AGENT FOR MSFT EXCHANGE 12.5 WIN PER SERVER RENEWAL ESSENTIAL 12 MONTHS EXPRESS BAND S & SYMC BACKUP EXEC AGENT FOR MSFT SQL 12.5 WIN PER SERVER RENEWAL ESSENTIAL 12 MONTHS EXPRESS BAND S.  After I entered these serials, it takes me to a page to download software, and states that no license keys are needed, I'm sure this is incorrect, I need license keys to enter into Backupexec which is already setup and installed so I can use the exchange and sql components.  The above mention page takes me to the download section and wants me to download half a gig of software for each agent, it seems like it wants me to download the full version of backupexec, from previous version's that I installed, all I need is a license key and you enter this into backupexec, any help would be great, have the re-sellers asked for the wrong thing?

Thanks for the time

Mark

2 REPLIES 2

NicholasC
Level 4

Hi Mark,

What happened here is that it appears you purchased just a support contract. Similar to walking into Walmart and buying an extended warranty for a TV, but not also buying the TV.

I would recommend sending an email to this address: license@symantec.com

Be sure to include a summary of your situation, could possibly just copy and paste your posting, and be sure to include the serial numbers from your certificate and the agent that takes the email can research your issue and determine what happened.

If the issue is as I suspect as we encounter this from time to time{I am in the Enterprise Licensing Team}, then it might be possible that your reseller just made an honest mistake and would need to re-do the order.

JennianMark
Level 3

Thanks for your help, i'll drop them an email now.

Cheers

Mark