cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange not working after Backup is done

Rohann
Not applicable
Hello All,

I have a very weird problem and I need your help urgently.

My client is running Symantec Backup Exec 10 d on Windows Small Business Server 2003 SP2.  When the backup software runs is stops exchange to do the backup and when the backup is done it does not start exchange again.

The client needs to reboot the server in order for it to fire up again.

Do you guys perhaps know where I can check what is causing this and how I can resolve it.

Thank you,
Rohann
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Rohann,

Look into getting the Exchange license purchased and loaded up. This will allow you to backup the Information Store while it is live.
I think there seems to be some sort of issue with remounting the Exchange IS, and you can look into that. It is obviously a pre/post command that gets run to dismount/remount the IS.
However, it might be worth your while to get the client to upgrade to the latest version of BEWS as well, as 10D is outdated.

Laters!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Rohann,

Look into getting the Exchange license purchased and loaded up. This will allow you to backup the Information Store while it is live.
I think there seems to be some sort of issue with remounting the Exchange IS, and you can look into that. It is obviously a pre/post command that gets run to dismount/remount the IS.
However, it might be worth your while to get the client to upgrade to the latest version of BEWS as well, as 10D is outdated.

Laters!