cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange resources not visible in Backup Selections

Tapera_Doma_2
Not applicable
I need some help folks. We have an Exchange server that is separated from the backup media server by a firewall. I noticed that under the backup selections NONE of the Exchange related selections are visible. We also have another server that is segemented by by a firewall, which in this case I can see the Exchange related selections, but not on this other server. I wonder why. Identical firewall (PIX) ports have been openned on both servers. The Exchange agent is installed on the media sever, and the remote agent is installed on the traget client server. I have made a change suggested in a KB article about restrict annonymous, but that did not help. I have restarted the media server, and also restarted the remote agent service on the client server.

Thanks in advance for your support.

TD.
1 REPLY 1

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi,

Have you tried adding the entry of the Backup Server name and IP to the HOSTS file on the Exchange server. Also add the Exchange servername and IP in the HOSTS file of the Media server and restart both the BE services and the remote agent and then check.

=============