cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange restore problem.

Techmer
Level 2
Hey all. I have a BE server running 9.1 (old I know). I back up an Exchange Server with this. The backup completes successfully every run. I was recently asked to look for some missing emails. I created a recovery storage group and restored the mail store, again with no errors. I tried to extract a mailbox to a pst file and that is when the trouble started. Exmerge was only able to partially extract the mailbox listing numerous 'unable to read' errors in the log. Exmerge said it was successful although errors were encountered. (successful ???). Any way the pst itself is unusable. Scanpst fails trying to repair it. I ran an integrity check on the db with eseutil which reported no problems.

I don't know where the problem lies so I thought I would start here to see if anyone else has encounterd this.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
If the restore is successful and Exchange is able to mount the database with no problems, the only thing I could suggest would be contact MIcrosoft to find out why ExMerge is having problems pulling the data from the RSG.