cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange selections missing

James_Bedics
Level 2
I upgraded two media servers from BE 10.0 build 5484 to build 5520. I also pushed out the new 5520 remote agents to 2 Exchange servers. Now all my Exchange database jobs are failing. When you go to the selection list, the databases/public folders/mailboxes no longer show up. I verified that the serial number for the Exchange agent is still installed. I even removed all the serial numbers (ran in demo mode), and no go on the selections. These servers were running perfectly fine under build 5484.
3 REPLIES 3

James_Bedics
Level 2
A quick clarification. The servers in question are both Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 clusters. My stand alone Exchange 2003 servers still show the Exchange selection lists.

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Please enable the "Restrict Anonymous" key on the cluster nodes as well as on the media server.

How to enable support for "Restrict Anonymous" when using Backup Exec 8.6, 9.x, and 10.0 for Windows Servers

http://support.veritas.com/docs/238618

Also check the rights assigned to the Backup Exec logon account.
It should have the following rights
1)Domain Admin

2)Exchange Administrator

3)Local Administrator for remote server

It must have an unique mailbox to its name and should not be hidden in the "GLOBAL ADDRESS LIST"

Hope it helps.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered questions’ pool.

James_Bedics
Level 2
The 'restrict anonymous' article was the fix.