cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting a Full Backup file list

-Owen-
Level 3
We have recently installed Backup Exec and all required agents on our company system. Everything is running fine but we would like to print out an entire list of what is being backed up down to lowest subfolder.

Whilst I can go to Edit/Manage Selection Lists/ and view selection details this just provides information such as;
\\DCServer\C:\*.*/SUBDIR

What I want is a full exported list of every folder and its files e.g.

\\DCServer\C:\Example\index.html
\\DCServer\C:\Example\home.jpg
\\DCServer\C:\Example\popup.js

Is there an easy way to do this?
5 REPLIES 5

SRodriguez
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Hi, Owen

No, there is no way to do this from the selection list.  The only thing I can think you can do, if what you need is a list of everything that has been backup including the file name;  is to change the properties of the job logs and set it to include the file information.  This can be done from TOOLS > OPTIONS> JOB LOGS, then select the option "Summary information, directories, and files processed".

Regards,

Sandra Rodriguez
Advanced Technical Support Engineer

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Used to be a utility called CATDUMP that would dump an entire catalog to a TXT file.  But that disappeared with v11d

Thanks again for ripping out usability Symantec!Smiley Mad

-Owen-
Level 3
Thats a shame that CATDUMP was removed. Is it possible to download it?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Not offered with v11d that I can find, tho there are  v10.0, v9.1, v9.0 and prior versions

I guess you could try the v10 version, but don't hold your breath  Smiley Wink

-Owen-
Level 3
Ok not to worry, would have been useful to have kept the function in the current software