cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting data

BElearner
Level 4

I have got this 2 TB external HD which is connected to the server where Back up Exec resides in. I need to extract about 1.5 TB data from one of the jobs to this 2 TB external HD. Googled like all day but could not find a solution. Any suggestions? I am new and learning to use backup exec 2012. Thought it would be like   plugging in USB and doing the copy paste stuff...seems like it's much more than that....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

By extracting, do you mean that you want to get back the files from a backup?  If so, then you have to create a restore job and restore whatever files from that backup.  In your job, you specify file re-direction to restore the files to this external disk.

I would strongly recommend that you read the Admin Guide.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

By extracting, do you mean that you want to get back the files from a backup?  If so, then you have to create a restore job and restore whatever files from that backup.  In your job, you specify file re-direction to restore the files to this external disk.

I would strongly recommend that you read the Admin Guide.

BElearner
Level 4

Thanks, going thru the Admin Guide. By extracting i mean duplicating backups to an external drive. I have got to a point where the "most recent full backup" is duplicating to an external 2 TB portable drive. How ever, i have got these error now which reads "The job failed with the following error: A checksum of the data has failed". Googling these errors as well as going thru the guide, but any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This usually means that the duplicate is bad.  It could be caused by your USB drive or poor USB connection.