Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FULL Backup to Tape / INCR to Disk

Zerakus
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I have a important question. We make one FULL Backup per week and INCR every day. Our Diskspace is not very big. So my Idea is:

I would make the FULL Backup to DISK and then, I want to migrate the Data to Tape. So the Data would be deletet from Disk, but I have it still on Tape.

The INCR Backups I would make only to DISK.

But I think there is no function for this. I can only duplicate the Data to Tape.

Do you have any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

That should be fine. During restore from incremental you just need to ensure that Full (tape) is available.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sush---
Level 6

What you are thinking can be easily achieved in all versions of Backup Exec

In BE 2010 and earlier:

Create a Policy with 3 templates. 1st template will be Full backup to Disk. 2nd template will be Incremental backups to disk. And thirst template will be Duplicate if Full back to Tape. You can adjust the Overwrite Protection Period of Media set to overwrite the data before your disk gets full.

In BE 2012:

Create a Full backup job. Then add stages to this job. Ist stage will be Full, 2nd will be Incremantal and thrid stage will be duplcate of Full to tape.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Zerakus
Level 4
Partner Accredited

And then, the FULL backup is only on tape and will be deleted from disk?

Sush---
Level 6

That should be fine. During restore from incremental you just need to ensure that Full (tape) is available.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Zerakus
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you