cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to access Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Logon account: admin

rick-wi
Level 2
 I have a customer that is using Backup exec 12 with service pack 3 and exchange 5.5 

With previous versions of backup exec they were able to backup and restore individual mailboxes with no problems. Recently they had to use the restore to bring back 1 mailbox and discovered they no longer had the option to restore just the 1 mailbox but had to restore the entire exchange data store which they really do not want to do. I looked into the problem and they are using the GRT but legacy support was turned off. I turned on the legacy support option and tried to setup future backup jobs as they had been before with individual mailboxes however no matter what account I try to use backup exec returns the error Failed to access Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Logon account: admin Access Denied. The credentials check out just fine on the information store and directory just not when trying to run the job on just the mailboxes.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

2 REPLIES 2

Lively
Level 5
The account you use to restore/backup the Exchange server needs to have an mail box and not be hidden. 

If that is the case then also ensure that the correct version of the Exchange Tools are on the Exchange server as well as the Backup server. 

rick-wi
Level 2
 Thank you
Problem has been solved