cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to create bootable media in IDR

Terry_Lau
Not applicable
I try to create a bootable media by using Intelligent Disaster Recovery Preparation Wizard, for our Windows 2003 server "EXCHANGE" which is Trad. Chinese version, but it failed many time.

It shows the message - Error opening"\\DC\C$\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\IDR\disk1\51ASETUP1.CH_" The system cannot find the file specified.

Another error followed by the above error - Error opening "txtsetup.sif" The system cannot find the path specified.

I tryed to create an bootable media by using the same wizard for our Windows 2003 server "DC" which is english version. It success.

I also tried to install the managemnt console in the server "EXCHANGE" to create the media, but it failed as well.
1 REPLY 1

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

The error "Language was not determined from \\SERVERNAME. The specific resource type cannot be found in the image file" is returned when attempting to create an Intelligent Disaster Recovery CD.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/266912

-paste the exact error message here ..

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.