Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to make Backup Exec 2012 Custom SDR DVD

MiTu
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

I failed to make Custom SDR DVD of Windows 2003 std Server. Backup Exec is installed locally to this computer. This is actually second time when I tried to make SDR DVD and had same problem. On "Creating the custom simplified disaster recovery disk image" part computer totally froze when it reached "Creating registry hives.." point?!

Any thoughts what can cause this problem?

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Unless you need to put in extra drivers specific to the target machine, there is no need to create a customised SDR DVD.  You can just use the supplied DVD. 

MiTu
Level 4
Partner

Is Tape Drive/Tape drive adapter detected ok with standard SDR DVD (I don't think so?)? It's HP Ultrium 920 SAS Tape Drive and HP SAS adapter.

MiTu
Level 4
Partner

"Is Tape Drive/Tape drive adapter detected ok with standard SDR DVD (I don't think so?)? It's HP Ultrium 920 SAS Tape Drive and HP SAS adapter."

Can anyone confirm this one? Thank you!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I remember SSR having a xml file at the root of the standard SDR iso which contains a list of all included drivers.. maybe you could this (away from my desk now & i can confirm this laters)

MiTu
Level 4
Partner

I checked that file. I found following "sas" drivers from the list:

Driver SysFile="lsi_sas.sys" Provider="LSI" Version="1.28.03.52"

Driver SysFile="lsi_sas2.sys" Provider="LSI" Version="2.00.02.71"

Driver SysFile="megasas.sys" Provider="LSI" Version="4.5.1.64"

Driver SysFile="arcsas.sys" Provider="Adaptec" Version="5.2.0.16119"

MiTu
Level 4
Partner

I think it should work ok with HP SAS Tape Adapter card (LSI Adapter, SAS 3000 series). On the backup server Windows "driver file details" says C:\windows\system32\drivers\lsi_sas.sys.

I checked one of the Dell Servers with DELL 6GBPS SAS INTERNAL TAPE ADAPTER. It's also uses LSI driver (lsi_sas2.sys).

I think LSI quite generic chipset on tape adapter cards?