cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to install BE 2012 agent (Error 1602)

William_Lawance
Level 6

Hi All,

Just want to install BE2012 agent on Windows 2008 R2 server.

But I found the installation failure. I guess it may caused by some port blocked by firewall.

What port have to enable for BE agent push installation ?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This may help -  http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO22989

Additionally, port # 135, 445, 441,  WMI, File & Printer sharing must be allowed on the firewall.

William_Lawance
Level 6

I have tried to open but still failue...

Please help !!

Thanks

VJware
Level 6

Would you post the install log. Additionally, have you tried a local install of RAWS ?

William_Lawance
Level 6

Attached FYI.

I have't try local install. Since I want to verify any port was blocked by firewall.

Thanks !

VJware
Level 6

Not the job log. Pls post the install logs, i.e. bkupinst2014.htm / rawsinst2014.htm (These are present under \Program Data\Symantec\Backup Exec\Logs)

William_Lawance
Level 6

Attached for your reference.

Thanks !

VJware
Level 6

I see multiple errors in various attempts of RAWS install. I would still recommend running a local install to rule out if its a firewall issue ? Alternatively, what makes you think firewall is causing the install failure ?

If you want to check if the ports are open or not, better to run the SymHelp tool instead.

William_Lawance
Level 6

Hi,

Finally, I used local installation to install successfully.

I just want to know is this issue caused by firewall ?

Since all traffic have to pass trough firewall before enter this server. I have tried to enable ALL port before install but still failure so I think it should be caused by firewall.