cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to render job history in XML

Otaku_Lord
Level 3
Hello Everyone,

Up until a few days ago, everything was running smoothly and then suddenly I can not read any FAILED job logs.  If I double-click on one to open, it takes about 2-3 minutes for the window to appear and then another 2-5 minutes before I receive a pop-up stating, "Unable to retrieve job log.  No further information available."  I have to click twice to remove that message and then I am shown a blank Job History window.  If either of the tabs are selected, the process starts over requiring a wait time of approximately 2-5 minutes.  There was also another error that appeared referring to a failure to render in XML and the job appeared in plain text but that only happened once or twice.

Originally I had assumed that the issue was because of the remote client on my PC.  I reinstalled the program yet still receive the error.  I checked with the MIS Manager and he is having the same issue with the FAILED job logs.

I would appreciate any assistance offered!
2 REPLIES 2

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
try the following
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32 /U C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSXML6.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSXML6.DLL
Are you able to open the job log for the successful backups ??
But the 1st thing would be to find the reason why the backup is failling .
From the job histroy check the last server being backed up on which the backup fails
Create a seprate test backup for that server and try running the Job again .

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified