cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulting application name: beremote.exe, version: 13.0.2896.0, time stamp: 0x4b184ba1 - ESX Backup- 2k8 R2 x64

JoeMatthews
Level 2
Hi,
Each time I try to backup our ESX vm's from our VSphere 4.0 setup the bermoete.exe service stops and the backup fails.
I am using the supplied template for vmware.
On the selections I have gone onto the vmware vcentre and esx servers, onto our virtual centre server and selected the vm's which need backing up. All vm's have the agent installed aswell as the virtual centre server.

This is from the windows event log:

Faulting application name: beremote.exe, version: 13.0.2896.0, time stamp: 0x4b184ba1
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5be02b
Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x0000000000052cfd
Faulting process id: 0xad0Faulting application start time: 0x01cab65e4b32294d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\beremote.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dllReport Id: db5ba989-257f-11df-9e78-00151757ec23

And this is the error from backupexec:

Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed

(Server: "CLSB-BACKUPEXEC") (Job: "Esx-VM-Agent for VMware - Differential 00001-Weekly Full Backup") Esx-VM-Agent for VMware - Differential 00001-Weekly Full Backup -- The job failed with the following error: The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.

Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer. If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and then remove the resource.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Joe

2 REPLIES 2

HelliR
Level 3
I had the same problem but at startup, most of the services didn't even start. I completely removed BE2010 and reinstalled it. Since then it was fine. But I don't dare to touch the installation anymore until Service Pack 2 or so...

rw
Level 3
Joe,

I'm having similar issues with beremote crashing in a vsphere environment.  Have you seen this article? 
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/337862.htm