cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files not present in snapshot

ebrooks
Not applicable

We have been receiving a snapshot warning regarding three files located on our virtual machines running Server 2008 Enterprise, stating that the files are not present in the snapshot.  Researching the files, I have determined that they are all related to virtual drivers and are no longer on the machine in question.  We recently converted the machine from Virtual Server 2003R2 to Hyper-V and, during that process, uninstalled Virtual Server Additions and then installed the Hyper-v Integration Services.  I'm thinking that the three files in question were drivers for the old Virtual Server and were uninstalled when the Additions was removed.  However, for some reason, our Backup Exec 12 software thinks those files should be present and is unhappy when they are not part of the snapshot.

While it's not important that the files are not included on the snapshot (they shouldn't be), I would like to correct this so that the exeption warning does not pop up on every backup job.  I've checked the documentation for Backup Exec 12 and can't find any reference to anything even close to the issue we are experiencing.  Any advice would be appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0