cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Error: 0xa00084f8 & SBS SBS 2000

Paul_Glover_2
Level 3
I am getting failed backup's constantly. The failure happens on different files. It could fail on an Exchange mailbox or any file.

This has been happening since I upgraded from backup exec 9.0 to 9.1.

Does any one have a cure for this problem.

Here are the 2 errors that I have been getting:

1) The network connection to the backup exec remote agent has been lost. Please check for network errors.

2) The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Please check for network errors. A time out occured waiting for completion of media server data processing.

Server = SBS Windows 2K ver 5.0 build 2195 SP4

I am running an Exabyte tape backup device that is attached to my stand alone server and am not backing up any remote systems.

Current version of Backup Exec is v9,b4691,r01

Service Pack 2

Remote agent priority is set to Lowest Priority.

Network interface is set to Use any available network adapter.

I've been querying the forums for fixes yet it appears that other people are having similar problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Paul
6 REPLIES 6

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Backup Exec for Windows servers (BEWS) v9.x install a copy of Remote agent locally on the Backup Exec server.
Local backup of media server also use the Remote agent. This is by design of this product and enhances backup performance.

Please refer the following technote to troubleshoot this issue.

A timeout occurred waiting for data from the agent during operation shutdown" or "The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors" (a00084f8 HEX or e00084f8 HEX) is reported during a backup operation"
http://support.veritas.com/docs/258159

If the issue remains unresolved, please feel free to contact us.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Paul_Glover_2
Level 3
I did review Document ID: 258159 and found that this does not apply to my scenario. I am not backing up over a network. I have one server that is trying to backup files/folders/exchange mail boxes to a locally attached tape drive.

I have performed defragmentation of the hard drives, windows error checking was run with no problems.

I am running Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers as a service on the stand alone server.

The file version of Beremote.exe is 9.1.4691.35, product version is 320656 and it was created on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 @ 4:29:24 PM .

The file version of Bengine.exe is 9.1.4691.42, product version is 1435280 and was created on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 @ 12:06:50 PM.

The file version of Beserver.exe is 9.1.4691.0, product version is 2069464 and was created on Friday, November 07, 2003 @ 10:46:46 AM.

My last backup failure was 5/6/05. The backup stopped on a users file that is located on the D: drive in the users personal folder.

I did not do anything to the server and I was able to get a successful backup on 5/9/05 and 5/10/05 as of this writing. I could get successful backups between now and a month from now or I could get a failed backup tonight.

It's a crap shoot as to when the backup will fail or succeed.

It is very aggravating coming into work every day, knowing that the backup process cannot be relied upon to do what it was purchased to do.

According to other people they are having similar problems with this software. Some people are moving away from Veritas and going to other software vendors for backup utilities.

Thank You
Paul

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Hello,

Please follow the steps given below:
1. Specify a NIC card (if you have more than 1 NIC card).
2. Ensure that Remote Agent is started using Local System Account.
3. Defragment your disk.
4. Reinstall MDAC

Verify the results.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Paul_Glover_2
Level 3
Well,

I did as you suggested and my backup failed last night.5/12/05.

I followed the following steps that were given below:
1. Specify a NIC card (if you have more than 1 NIC card).
2. Ensure that Remote Agent is started using Local System Account.
3. Defragment your disk.
4. Reinstall MDAC

I only have one NIC in my single server. Again, I have no remote servers that I am backing up.

The remote agent is installed, running and using a local system account.

The hard drive is being defragged on a daily basis.

I have also re-installed the MDAC to 2.8. I have been using the 2.8 MDAC but re-installed it anyways.

What should I do next.

Thank You
Paul

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

1. PLease check if you have any media alerts.
2. Try reapplying the sp1.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.