cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xa000848c - Unable to attach to one of the drives.

Bryan_Moore
Level 3
I have allready looked at http://support.veritas.com/docs/266177 but the issue is that it throughs this message but still connects and appears to back up just fine. Has anyone else run into this?
9 REPLIES 9

aravind_kondapa
Level 6
During what backups (exchange, sql...) do you get this error?

NOTE: If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Bryan_Moore
Level 3
It happens when it goes to backup the ShadowCopy on our Exchange server. Although I'm not so sure it has anything to do with exchange because it's the ShadowCopy files, but I don't know. All the support docs that I've found just talk about if the backup never works, but it does connect and backup it just throws that error message and says that it doesn't but it trys again and goes through.

aravind_kondapa
Level 6
What is there in the selection list: Information Store, Mailboxes, Public Folders, Shadow copy Components, simple files ?
What OS and which version of Exchange are you running on ?
Do you use AOFO option ?
In the job log are there exceptions?

NOTE: If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Bryan_Moore
Level 3
We have server 2003 and exchange is up-to-date. We are backing up pretty much every kind of file but only the shadow copy ones are giving the error. We always have some exceptions but they haven't ever thrown this error. As far as AOFO goes i'm not sure what that is. Can you explain that one to me?

aravind_kondapa
Level 6
AOFO is a paid option that comes with Backup Exec. It lets you backup open files.
When you click on the job properties you should see on the left hand side Advanced Open File. If you don't have the licence it will be greyed out.
If you are pretty much sure that it is the Shadow copy components that give the error, I suggest you create a separate job that will backup just the Shadow copy components and see if it gives the same error.

NOTE: If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool

Bryan_Moore
Level 3
Ok, I don't see the advanced tab and i did a seperate job of shadowcopy components and it went through just fine. I also did another seperate job of just some txt files and that was fine too. I guess it is somthing with the scheduled jobs

aravind_kondapa
Level 6
Paste here the error part of the job log.
And try scheduling a job for the shadow copy components only.

NOTE: If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool

Bryan_Moore
Level 3
Well nevermind....I had two successful scheduled backups over the weekend. I don't know what happend with the 4 that failed last week. Oh well. Thank you for your time.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Bryan,

Thanks for the Update
We will consider this post as Resolved then

Thanks
Regards