cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe00081cf - The pre/post command has returned an error.

Larry_Nies
Level 2
Hi

I have received this error message on my Windows 2003 server - this is the main server for Active Directory, Print and File serving - when I went to review the error and searched for any resolutions, I do not find anything - do you know where this error message maybe found?

Our product is Backup Exec for Windows Server V10d - we are backing up 4 virtual servers (VMWARE) with this product. The backup software is running on the Virtual Center and initiates the scheduled jobs each evening at 11:00PM

In the error section of Backup Exec it provided this additional information.

V-79-57344-33231 - Error from pre command or post command 1 - but when you go to look for any information on this error there is nothing available.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

You can refer to the following technote and verify if you have configured BE to execute the batch files :

http://support.veritas.com/docs/240664

- How to execute batch files and executables (pre- and post- job commands) before and after a backup via the Backup Exec GUI

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two

business days, this post would be marked "assumed

answered" and would be moved to "answered questions"

pool.

Larry_Nies
Level 2
Hi

I did some further investigation on this and found that the SQL Server sevices was stopped so I restarted and will check on the backup run this PM - if further assistance is required I will let you know.

Thank You

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

We will await further Update from you.

Thanks
Regards

Larry_Nies
Level 2
Hi

After restarting the SQL server and the VM services we found that there was an SQL backup failure - we deleted the VM snapshots for both of the servers and we had a successful backup for both last night.

Thank you for your assistance.

Larry Nies