cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe00084f4 - An unknown error has occurred.

Brad_Hearn
Not applicable
Our backups fail shortly after starting.

We are not backing up to folders.
Remote Agent is running as a local service.

Job ended: Monday, March 06, 2006 at 10:01:17 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084f4 - An unknown error has occurred.
Final error category: System Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34036

Backup- D: New VolumeStorage device "BNCHMARK 1" reported an error on a request to write data to media.
Error reported:
The device is not connected.
V-79-57344-34036 - An unknown error has occurred.
5 REPLIES 5

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello Brad

Please check the system's event log to check if there are any errors from the hardware.

Update the tape device drivers and the firmware to the latest.
For drivers you could check:
support.veritas.com/menu_ddProduct_BEWNT_view_DOWNLOAD.htm

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Mike_Stone
Level 3
I got this very same error, I'm running the SBS version of 10d. I ripped/reinstalled... but DIDN'T run through the IDR wizard and all is well. 2 weeks later I get around to running through the IDR wizard... voila... It's broken in the very same way. Methinks there's a relation... are you running the IDR option as well?

Mike_Stone
Level 3
I noticed just now that the build of the IDR image popped this error to my event log though the software GUI never said boo about it.

Event Type:Error
Event Source:Backup Exec
Event Category:Devices
Event ID:33152
Date:3/8/2006
Time:3:09:35 PM
User:N/A
Computer:SBS
Description:
Adamm Mover Error: GetDriveInfo Failure!
Error = ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE
Drive = "HP 1"
{0BBA0D42-7C13-4034-B4A3-7912E252FA1B}
Media = ""
{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
Read Mode: SingleBlock(0), ScsiPass(0)
Write Mode: SingleBlock(1), ScsiPass(1)

This box has a HP DAT72 USB. And yes I've dropped all the latest drivers in. As of about 3 weeks ago anyways.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please update us on this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Dan_Wakeman
Level 4
This is how I finally fixed the same error after a lot of effort and failed attempts.

Test your tape drive to be sure it works outside of Backup Exec. I had an HP drive. Go to hp.com/go/tape. Find the link under "value added software" for "Library and Tape Tools", click that link, download the software. L&TT is a free diagnostic tool for HP tape drives and libraries. If it works, the problem is within Backup Exec. (I was using 12.5 with the very latest drivers, literally posted this week).
  1. Disable the tape drive in Backup Exec (right click on it)
  2. Delete the tape drive in Backup Exec (right click again, need to disable first) This must be done in Backup Exec! Doing the same in Windows Device Manager and rebooting did not fix the problem.
  3. Stop all the Backup Exec services (I did this with services manager & confirmed in Windows Services)
  4. Start all the Backup Exec services
  5. Start Backup Exec
  6. The tape drive should be re-detected.

Dan