cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware upgrade for Tape Drive

Mark_Caley
Level 3
One of my jobs is failing because of the following error: "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error." I did some research and i should upgrade the firmware on my tape drives. I downloaded the latest firmware, but unsure how to perform the upgrade. I know in device manager i can upgrade tape drivers, but i'm sure that is not what i need to do. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Generally, the file that you downloaded will be an executable that when run will create a boot diskette the will find your device and load the firmware to it.

There should have been instructions on the mfg site along with the Firmware file

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

To know the procedure to perform the upgrade of the firmware, you need to refer to the Admin handbook or contact the vendor.

Regards

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.