cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder not backing up in 11d or 10d

Sascha_D
Level 3
Running into a very bizarre problem that seems to have started about a month ago. I was running 10D and i have a folder on a server that is approx 300GB. its on a iscsi drive array directly attached. Backupexec is running on the server its hooked up to.

When i run a test backup it says it backed up 300GB. When i run the actual job it says completed sucessfully with only 5K backed up.

Its not a permission thing since i already ensured that and if it was the test would fail.

In fact I managed to get it to run once or so but then the next time it just went back to backing up nothing.

I have other jobs running on the same server connecting to other folders on the same ISCSI array and they work 100%. If i take all the files and move them to another folder they back up OK. Its not a corruption since i tried doing a CHKDSK on the drive and it was OK.

After i upgraded to 11D it backed up once OK and then went back to only backing up 5K or just these folders, it doesnt even list the other 3700 folders under the Design Files folder.

Backup Set Detail Information
Directory \
Directory \Design Files
Directory \Design Files\DfsrPrivate
Directory \Design Files\DfsrPrivate\ConflictAndDeleted
Directory \Design Files\DfsrPrivate\Staging

Backup completed on 11/23/2006 at 9:02:21 PM.

Backup Set Summary
Backed up 0 files in 5 directories.
Processed 5,312 bytes in 5 seconds.
Throughput rate: 0.061 MB/min

This backup set may not contain any data.

Job ended: Thursday, November 23, 2006 at 9:02:22 PM
Completed status: Successful
4 REPLIES 4

STeve_O
Level 5
Is if a DFS share...sound like DFS may be improperly configured on the server since this was working and nothing change with Backup Exec

Sascha_D
Level 3
Its shared out on the DFS, but im accessing it directly in the backup. the drive is physically called S: and when i go in the backupexec i select the local computer, S: drive. same was as all my other shared folders.

Even if it was configured improperly how come i can back it up one time and then running it the second time it shows only as backing up the DFS folders in it. It should at least show that it ran through the rest of the folders which look like

\Design Files\1111
\Design Files\2222
\Design Files\3333

etc.. but it doesnt show that it even goes through them to check for files.

MetroGroup_Admi
Not applicable

I am also seeing this on a file server.  The drive array is internal SCSI with a C: & E partition.  We are backing up all of a shared folder including all files and sub-folders.  It will get close to the end of the folder list and then just stop.  Other shares are backed up after this share is complete.  The job status is Completed status: Successful but when restoring files and folders, not all of the data is present to restore. 

djb

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
What type of files are you backing up in this share?
Also does it stop on the same file?

Patty