cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force Restore from Tape in BE 2012 SP1

akuma22
Level 3

I have a new, working Disk-Disk-Tape solution in my environment using BE 2012. I need to test restore of my duplicated (archive) tape media but can't see any option to specify that the restore must come from tape. Since my most recent backups are still on disk I assume the restore selections I have available are from disk and if I inititiate a restore, BE will select to restore from disk before tape.

I need to force restore from specific media, just like I could in BE 2010. It seems the option has gone? since my restore view shows only 1 instance of each backup, whereas I used to have 2 of the same visible in BE 2010 (1 on Disk, 1 on Tape) and could select the one I wanted to restore from.

- Is there a way to force restore from tape? If so, how?

- Is the tape catlogued automatically after a duplicate job or do I need to do this manually for the tape to show up in restore selections?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you have a duplicate set of the same backup set, then the restore selection only initially shows one set, however if you work through the restore wizard you will eventually get a dialog box listing the media with radio buttons to allow you to choose the media.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you have a duplicate set of the same backup set, then the restore selection only initially shows one set, however if you work through the restore wizard you will eventually get a dialog box listing the media with radio buttons to allow you to choose the media.

akuma22
Level 3

Thanks Colin, you're right. Because my backup started the day before it ended I wasn't seeing this option. When I finally selected the correct date I was later presented with 2 restore options (Disk & Tape).

I'm used to seeing the option of both disk and tape in the initial restore view from BE 2010.

Things change, I understand and am happy now that I know this.