cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Bar code not displaying

Bill_Lantry
Level 2
I am using BE 9.1Rev. 4691, we have an Exabyte VXA AutoPak 1x10 Autoloader with bar code scanner. When we insert tapes with bar codes attached BE only displays the first 6 characters of an 8 character bar code. If the bar code is D0000001 all you would see is D00000. We are using Exabyte X23, X10, and X6 tapes with Imagescan bar code labels. I have tried many things to get this to work any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

-refer the Technote given below :

How to enable a bar code label rule and configure it for the tape device
http://support.veritas.com/docs/259444

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Bill_Lantry
Level 2
Ok, I tried to Add a barcode rule but when I look at the drop down list for Media Type I don't see one that matches the specs on the tapes I'm using. They are Exabyte VXA Packet Tape Cartridge X23's what Media Type should this be?

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello

Evenif the media type is not listed, you can enable Barcode rule and use it with Backup Exec.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Bill_Lantry
Level 2
When I enable bar code rules I get the following error:

Final error: 0xa000821e - Library error - incompatible storage media detected in robotic library.

Is this because I have tapes in the drive without bar codes?

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Bill,
We do not Recommend Enabling or Configuring Barcode Rules if your Device does not support it. Also do not use them if your Tapes do not have Bar code labels.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

R_H_2
Level 5
Try changing the drive to emulate a VXA-2 drive. Reboot. Then reconfigure Backup Exec to see the "new" drive.

See Exabyte KB 2002
http://www.exabyte.com/support/online/kb/display.cfm?id=2002

Oh, and if the software asks you the type of media, 8mm is usually the answer.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

Could you Update us on the Issue?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.