cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grant non Administrator rights to Backup Exec

PaulD_Rus
Level 4
I have Win2003Sp1+latest hotfixes Domain controller with BackupExec 10.x.5629 installed.
Is it possible grant "Server Operators" rights to run BE and view current backup jobs?

All my attemps end with popup dialog "Enter login/pass" and then "Access denied"
6 REPLIES 6

PaulD_Rus
Level 4
any lights?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Since back in the Seagate Days, BackupExec has always said that the Service Account should have Domain Admin rights.

They've recieved a lot of flack for it over the years, but AFAIK, it is still a requirement.

PaulD_Rus
Level 4
thanks for reply, but i am talking not about Service Account.
My service account has all nessesary rights for backup.

I have person with Server Operator rights and I want this person to run BE console to view current BE activity and probably BE backup logs.

Now when person other than Domain Admin trying to run BE he sees popup dialog "Enter password" and then "Access denied".

Is it generally possible grant rights for Server Operators to run BE console to view BE activity?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
OK - What you want is the addon called ExecView.

Non-admin users can have read-only/view rights to a console and see and monitor active/scheduled/completed jobs.

If you give them sufficient rights, they can also reply to alerts and release jobs, but you cannot create jobs or change any properties of your BackupExec installation or setup

PaulD_Rus
Level 4
This is what I was looking for! Thank you, Ken!

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Paul,

Can we close this Post then?