cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP MSL2024 with Backup Exec 12.5 for Windows Servers

YKC
Level 2
I am using HP MSL2024 tape library with Backup Exec 12.5 for Windows Server.

The tape library come with 24 slots and I have configured the tape library to enable mailslot. The Backup Exec 12.5 detect only 23 slots but not the mailslot.

How can I export a backup job to the mailslot?

I have also palced a cleaning tape in slot 4. How do I config the library to do a auto clean using slot 4?

How can I set the compression ratio on the media?
7 REPLIES 7

Ruchi
Level 5
Employee Certified
Under devices tab on GUI for backup exec
Go to slot 4>>right click on slot 4
check Cleaning slot

Ruchi
Level 5
Employee Certified
You wont be able to see the mail slots under devices tab...but when you run a IMport or export Job Robotic library will communicate with your mailslot

YKC
Level 2
Yes, I have marked slot 4 as cleaning slot. My question is, will the tape library automatically use it to do cleaning? Or do I need to set a schedule for the tape library to perform cleaning job?

YKC
Level 2
Can you explain more? How do I export a job to mailslot? I have a blank  tape inside the mailslot, will it be used to store the backup data?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Mmm...we're rolling these out to some of our sites in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for posting...got some answers already!

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You can automatically export the tape to the mailslot after the backup job if you have an export template in your job.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/309856.htm

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Right-click on the tape drive under the Devices tab and click on clean.  You will be be present with a job dialog.  Click on Schedule on the left-hand pane and schedule it like any normal job.  I scheduled my cleaning job to run monthly.